Libraries are open from 9 am to 8:30 pm today
You are here
MacBooks are fast, secure and portable computers which run the Mac operating system. MacBooks are similar to a laptop running the Windows operating system.
Available at: Central Library
Apps and Features
- Safari, Chrome and Firefox Browsers
- Microsoft Office for Mac
- VLC Multimedia Player
- Overdrive and Adobe Digital Editions
The MacBook offers two USB ports, a DVD drive, SD card reader, and headphone jack.
How to Use a Macbook in the Library
- You must have a library card to borrow a Macbook. Visitor and unconfirmed address cards are not eligible.
- Request a Macbook at the Welcome Desk at Central Library. You may borrow 1 Macbook per card at a time.
- Central Library: Macbooks can be used in the library for 4 hours.
- No renewals and no holds.
- Overdue Macbooks will be charged $1 per hour late. A replacement fee will apply to lost or damaged devices.
You can print wirelessly from a Macbook.
Black and white: $0.15 per page
Colour: $0.50 per page