Libraries are open from 9 am to 9 pm today
You are here
Calling all amateur photographers! It’s time to submit your best work to our 12th annual photography contest.
You may enter up to three (3) photographs into the contest.
Photographs may be entered into the following categories:
Entries will be judged by a panel of professional photographers from the Waterloo Region Record. Winners will be notified in late February.
Winners from each category will receive:
1st Place: 20” x 24” enlargement
2nd Place: 16” X 20” enlargement
3rd Place: 11” x 14” enlargement
Grand Prize: $200 gift certificate
Winners from each category will be displayed in the Central Library Art Gallery during the month of April. Select photographs will also appear in The Waterloo Region Record, as well as the Kitchener Public Library and Waterloo Region Record websites, and on Kitchener City Hall’s outdoor digital art gallery.
Rules and Guidelines
1. The contest is open as of Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
2. The contest closes Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm. Submissions received after the deadline will not be accepted.
3. You may enter up to three photographs (total) in one or more of the following categories: People, Animals, Landscape, Architecture.
4. Each photograph must be uploaded separately and completely using the online entry form. Files must be either PNG or JPG format.
5. We accept file sizes up to 8MB. Please retain a copy of the highest resolution image for reproduction purposes.
6. Cropping and/or adjusting contrast to the overall picture is permitted. Other forms of digital alteration are not permitted.
7. Entries which do not conform to the contest rules, exceed contest limits, or are incomplete, will be deemed ineligible.
8. Professional photographers are not eligible. For the purpose of this contest, a professional is anyone who receives payment for photographic services or workshops (full or part-time).
9. Judges' decisions are final.
10. By entering this contest, the photographer agrees to have their winning entry published in The Waterloo Region Record, as well as the Kitchener Public Library and Waterloo Region Record websites, social media feeds and other library promotions, this year and in future years.
In partnership with: