You are here
Album Cover Art Competition
Young artists (25 years of age and under) living in Waterloo Region are invited to submit a proposal for an original artwork for the cover of the album Songs of Kitchener. Songs of Kitchener is a compilation album of the community compositions created during Mary Abdel-Malek Neil’s 2019 City of Kitchener Artist in Residency. The community compositions (songs) that are a part of this album will be streamed online for public consumption.
Themes explored in the Songs of Kitchener album include group, neighbourhood, and city-wide identity, as well as sense of place and community. The commissioned artist will be responsible for developing artistic content to illustrate the themes of the Songs of Kitchener album for digital streaming platforms. The artist will receive $100.00 as an honorarium for their artwork.
Submissions must be received by April 30, 2021. Artists wishing to familiarize themselves with the Songs of Kitchener album can find information and a selection of tracks here.
The submitted proposal should include a digital image of a proposed visual work with the following requirements:
- The visual work can be completed in any medium
- Dimensions/pixels that are at least 1600 x 1600 to 3000 x 3000 pixels
- PNG or JPG format
- Best-quality RGB color mode
- High quality image preferred (300dpi minimum) *
- Perfect square format (1:1 ratio)
- Brief artist rationale for design concept (200-word max)
* While the artwork can be completed in any medium at time of confirmed commission, the artist will be responsible for creating and submitting a high a resolution digital file (min 300dpi) of the visual work if they have not already done so at time of submission.