You are here
Loans and Fines
During the current reopening phase, all available items can be borrowed for three weeks. You can also renew your items twice, if they do not have holds.
Overdue fines will not be charged until further notice.
- Musical instruments are not available to borrow at this time.
- Chromebooks, Macbooks, and iPads are not available for in-library use during the current reopening phase.
- Wireless hotpots cannot be renewed.
Damaged or Lost Items
If an item is lost or returned in damaged condition, you will be responsible for the replacement cost of the item as well as a $5 processing fee (plus applicable taxes).
Overdue Charge Policy
Although we have removed daily overdue fines, we ask that you return your items to the library in a timely manner so others may enjoy them as well. Items that are not returned to the library will incur a replacement cost.
A first reminder will be issued after the item is 7 days overdue. A second reminder will be issued after 21 days, and a third reminder after 42 days. A replacement bill will be issued after 60 days.
There are many ways to pay your replacement fees:
- In person at any Kitchener Public Library location (cash, cheque or credit card accepted)
- By telephone at 519-743-0271 x 260 (credit card accepted)
- Online payment (credit card accepted)